patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] Messaging Design Pattern and transparent access to distributed components

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] Messaging Design Pattern and transparent access to distributed components

  • From: phillip henry <ph1ll1phenry AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Messaging Design Pattern <dsheppard2k AT yahoo.com>, patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu, telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu, ipc-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu, gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] Messaging Design Pattern and transparent access to distributed components
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I'll bite.

"As always, we should praise the wisdom of the Designer for the versatility and simplicity of nature’s patterns and beautiful design. "

I'm really not sure this is the forum for religious comments. But, that aside, I looked at the JtInterface and all it is is:

java.lang.Object processMessage(java.lang.Object msg)

(http://freedom.lunarpages.com/Jt/docs/api/Jt/JtInterface.html)

This really isn't very useful. Where is the type safety? How am I any richer for implementing what is really a fairly nondescript signature?

Phillip