patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Interactive Design Story Wiki

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Interactive Design Story Wiki

  • From: James Siddle <james.siddle AT uk.ibm.com>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Interactive Design Story Wiki
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:39:22 +0100

Dear Patterns Practitioners and Enthusiasts,

I'd like to draw your attention to a new wiki for Interactive Design Stories based around patterns:

http://idstories.pbworks.com/

To quote the wiki's front page: "This is a wiki for Interactive Design Stories, which are a form of Interactive Fiction that allow readers to explore design decisions. This wiki focuses on Interactive Design Stories involving software Design Patterns - proven, trusted solutions to recurring design problems."

The goal of creating the wiki is to encourage feedback, collaboration, and the creation of an online community around Interactive Design Stories. In particular, comments on the interactive story pages and suggestions for new choices or story paths would be particularly welcome.

So if you're interested in a new and interesting way of communicating design information, and like the idea of getting involved in an online community in this area, please check out the link above.

Also this is the first online wiki page I have personally created, so if there are any glaring omissions or mistakes please do let me know!

Kind regards,
James Siddle

--
email:
jim AT jamessiddle.net

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." - Fred Brooks

Unless stated otherwise above:

  • [patterns-discussion] Interactive Design Story Wiki, James Siddle, 06/07/2010