patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] PLoP2010 Paper - Messaging Design Pattern (MDP) and Pattern Implementation

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] PLoP2010 Paper - Messaging Design Pattern (MDP) and Pattern Implementation

  • From: Messaging Design Pattern <dsheppard2k AT yahoo.com>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu, Kevlin Henney <kevlin AT curbralan.com>
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] PLoP2010 Paper - Messaging Design Pattern (MDP) and Pattern Implementation
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 08:32:02 -0800 (PST)

Kevlin,

I can see your point. However it probably doesn't apply to this specific case. I'm just trying to clarify some comments/questions regarding the paper.  I'm trying to be very specific/detailed in term of my answers (just me). The main purpose is to clearly convey the concepts behind the paper. In many cases, it simply means that the information requires extra clarification. This is especially true when dealing with abstract topics. BTW Clear/direct "messaging" is probably best for this discussion.
There are many other factors involved as well. For instance, there are other areas of the MDP messaging work that are not covered by this paper. One paper is not enough. It is necessary to check the other references and the additional papers to have a complete picture. Obviously people need to have all the information so they don't miss anything.  It is also fine to raise questions/comments and ask for clarification.

I appreciate the comments that I have received so far. The content of the paper has been improved as a result. People are welcome to express their comments/recommendations/questions. In particular, if something is missing or needs improvement.

Regards