patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] [gang-of-4-patterns] Live or Animated Object Design Pattern

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] [gang-of-4-patterns] Live or Animated Object Design Pattern

  • From: Messaging Design Pattern <dsheppard2k AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Ralph Johnson <johnson AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Cc: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] [gang-of-4-patterns] Live or Animated Object Design Pattern
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

Ralph,

Based on my earlier email, I've updated the draft. A section discussing related work (pages 12-14 in blue) has been added. This section includes detailed information comparing several models, implementations, and technologies.

http://java.net/projects/jt/downloads/download/Papers/MDPAnimated.pdf

Feel free to send any follow-up comment or concern based on the updated draft. I believe there are several differences between this approach and other approaches (in particulars with the Actors model). Hopefully I was able to capture these differences as part of the updated draft. I'll be happy to discuss these differences in order to get to the facts. Please keep in mind that this still work in progress (draft form). It is being refined based on the feedback received. Also we have something concrete (this new section) as the basis of further discussion. I just added three pages to the draft  based on your earlier message.

I agree with you earlier comments: I also think that these differences must be tangible and they should be clearly explained as part of the document. As I said earlier, I hope the new section (related work) helps in accomplishing that purpose.

Regards,

Al