patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] What Patterns should everyone know?

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] What Patterns should everyone know?

  • From: Robert Hanmer <hanmer AT acm.org>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] What Patterns should everyone know?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:55:37 -0600

Hello patterns-discussion readers,

I'm working on a project where I'd like to give novice pattern people a
small number of patterns "that everyone should know". I have thoughts
about the key patterns in the areas that I'm most interested in, but I
know that I might not be aware of all the patterns that are out there.

Would you please help me by sending me the names of the one to three
patterns you think people should know? Please reply by December 4
either directly to me (email below) or on the list.

I'd like the
* pattern name,
* pattern author,
* where to find the pattern,
and
* a really short sentence about why everyone should know the pattern

It's okay with me if the "most important pattern someone should know" is one you wrote, or in a book you wrote or edited.

When I combine the responses I will acknowledge all that responded, but
I won't associate your specific suggestions with your names.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Bob
hanmer AT acm.org

  • [patterns-discussion] What Patterns should everyone know?, Robert Hanmer, 11/22/2011