patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model and Concepts

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model and Concepts

  • From: Christian Köppe <christian.koppe AT hu.nl>
  • To: Messaging Design Pattern <dsheppard2k AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu" <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu" <telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "ipc-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu" <ipc-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu" <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model and Concepts
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 07:43:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-NL, en-US

Al,

This will definitely be my last mail, as I'm sure that this discussion does not lead somewhere. So here are my last comments:

Just by stating that something is a fact it doesn't become a fact. And in your case it is even more problematic, as your "facts" are obviously not true. That you do not consider this seriously gives me the feeling that you're either not willing or not able to do so. Anyway, you shouldn't base your discussion on the assumption that your claims/ideas are true in order to show that they are.

Here are some terms which I make sure that my students understand before they do small research projects (either research- or subject-related):

- bias
- falsifiable
- literature study
- types of coupling (specifically semantic coupling)

I will not do your work and provide a list with related publications on concepts or other topics (google scholar is your friend). Naturally I would assume that you did this in the beginning of your work on your papers.

As said before, I won't answer again.

Christian