patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model, Pattern Family and Concepts (Compilation of related works)

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model, Pattern Family and Concepts (Compilation of related works)

  • From: Messaging Design Pattern <dsheppard2k AT yahoo.com>
  • To: gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu, patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu, telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu, ipc-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model, Pattern Family and Concepts (Compilation of related works)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:41:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List members,

I appreciate your earlier feedback. I've made some changes upon it:

Realistic Information Model, Pattern Family and Concepts (Compilation of related works)

http://sites.google.com/site/concept12345678/concept/Realistic.doc?attredirects=0&d=1

The file is based on copyrighted materials and protected with a password:real

The draft is a compilation of several other publications. It includes additional
information regarding  previous discussions (best practices, drawbacks, implementation
considerations, versioning, a lot of working examples (Android/Java), references,
related works, etc.). In particular, it includes a  new section that might be of interest:

Future work and hypothetical conceptual language

Reviewers have recommended that in order to fully describe the proposed conceptual model,  I will need to rely on ideas studied by several disciplines including "philosophy,
knowledge representation, ontology, cognition, and linguistic".

As always, your specific (constructive) comments would be appreciated. Feel free to quote >specific< sections of the draft. Per our previous discussions, opinions need to be supported if they are to carry some weight: references, detailed/unambiguous arguments, and so on.  The material has been organized and indexed (table of contents). Also, please let me know if you would be interested in providing a review for the draft or sections of it. We are also looking for a good publishing company or agent. Any ideas, recommendations and/or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Al

  • [patterns-discussion] Realistic Information Model, Pattern Family and Concepts (Compilation of related works), Messaging Design Pattern, 07/04/2012