patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Request for comments on GoF pattern slides for my Coursera course

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Request for comments on GoF pattern slides for my Coursera course

  • From: "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt AT dre.vanderbilt.edu>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Request for comments on GoF pattern slides for my Coursera course
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:12:37 -0600

Hi Folks,

I just finished a ~250 slide presentation on a case study that
applies over half of the Gang of Four patterns to an expression tree
processing application. The latest version of the slides are available
here

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/1-expression-trees.pptx

I'm going to start filming these slides this week for my Coursera
course. If anyone has some time to take a look at these slides and
provide me suggestions for improvement I'd appreciate it very much.

Most of the examples are in C++, so if anyone has suggestions of more
Java examples (especially ones that don't look like carbon-copies of the
C++ examples) I'd appreciate it.

Please excuse the somewhat idiosyncratic slide formatting - I do it this
way since it makes life easier to film and edit the material.

Thanks,

Doug

  • [patterns-discussion] Request for comments on GoF pattern slides for my Coursera course, Douglas C. Schmidt, 01/26/2013