patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] GoF videos available for preview

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] GoF videos available for preview

  • From: "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt AT dre.vanderbilt.edu>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] GoF videos available for preview
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:52:02 -0600

Hi Folks,

As many of you may know, my "massive open online course" (MOOC) on is
about to start on March 4th (see https://www.coursera.org/course/posa
for info about this free course). Although the focus of that course is
on patterns and frameworks for concurrent and networked software, I've
also filmed ~3.5 hours of videos that provide background material on
many of the GoF patterns as part of an "appendix" to my course. If
you're interested in seeing a sneak preview of these videos please check
out

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/Coursera/videos/appendix/

which also has links to the slides in PDF and PowerPoint format. I've
noticed a handful of mistakes in the videos that I'll fix before they go
live later this month. If you see anything that's glaringly wrong with
the slides or the videos please let me know and I'll try to get the
problems fix.

Thanks,

Doug

  • [patterns-discussion] GoF videos available for preview, Douglas C. Schmidt, 03/01/2013