patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] VikingPLoP 2015 call for papers

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] VikingPLoP 2015 call for papers

  • From: Veli-Pekka Eloranta <elorantv AT cs.tut.fi>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] VikingPLoP 2015 call for papers
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:24:28 +0300

Hi all pattern enthusiasts,

While I am not chair of VikingPLoP 2015, I promised to help the chairs by distributing CfP here too. So, you'll find it below. This year Vikings have been even more restless than in past couple of years. They have traveled even further South than last year (we were in Estonia) and are not in the Nordic area anymore. Next VikingPLoP will be in Bulgaria.

This might feel a bit strange if you think only about the name of the conference. However, the core idea of VikingPLoP is to reach out to find new pattern authors, and for that eastern Europe feels promising. We haven't had too many people from eastern Europe for example in EuroPLoP. So, if you happen to know somebody from eastern Europe interested in patterns, maybe you can forward this call for papers to him/her.

Best wishes,
Veli-Pekka Eloranta

And here is the call for papers:

---8<-----8<------8<------

Call for papers:
VikingPLoP 2015 - Travelling pattern conference
http://www.vikingplop.org, 14th-17th May 2015

You are invited to submit a paper and/or participate at VikingPLoP 2015.
The conference will be held in SPA hotel Planinata, Ribaritsa resort,
Bulgaria

The Travelling pattern conference VikingPLoP is an excellent venue to meet
pattern experts and to exchange knowledge about patterns. The conference
helps you to learn more about patterns, to receive feedback on your own work,
and to discuss with fellow pattern enthusiasts. We especially encourage
new-comers and nonacademic pattern enthusiasts to participate in the
conference. Open and supportive atmosphere makes VikingPLoP a great
opportunity to get familiar with patterns and patterns community. VikingPLoP
2015 has an emphasis on embedded systems and thus submission of papers on
embedded system patterns are especially encouraged.

SCOPE
VikingPLoP accepts papers containing patterns or pattern languages as well as
experience reports and papers related to the theory and use of patterns.
Papers submitted to VikingPLoP cover a wide range of subjects, from technical
issues, like distributed machine control and C++ programming, to social and
organizational issues. We expect that paper topics cover a wide range of
domains such as:
- Embedded systems, distributed control systems, and other low level
systems
- Software development: design, architecture, management and processes
- Human computer interaction (user-interface aspects and novel modes
of interaction)
- Pedagogy and education (both professional training and classroom
teaching)
- Business and organizational questions

IMPORTANT DATES
- January 18th 2015: Paper submission deadline
- February 2nd: Start of shepherding
- March 22nd: Deadline for second draft
- April 2nd: Paper acceptance notification
- April 15th: Closing date for registration & End of Shepherding
- April 20th: Paper conference version deadline
- April 10th-13th, 2015: Conference
- September 30th 2015: Proceedings version due

CONTACT INFORMATION
Conference homepage:http://www.vikingplop.org, Program chairs: Jari
Rauhamäki [jari.rauhamaki (at) tut.fi] & Elissaveta Gurova [elis (at)
fmi.uni-sofia.bg]

Please feel free to distribute this Call For Papers to your colleagues,
students and networks.

Best Regards,
VikingPLoP Program chairs

  • [patterns-discussion] VikingPLoP 2015 call for papers, Veli-Pekka Eloranta, 09/29/2014