patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] PhD results - Looking for a Journal

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] PhD results - Looking for a Journal

  • From: "Hanmer, Robert S (Robert)" <robert.hanmer AT alcatel-lucent.com>
  • To: Christian Kruschitz <christian.kruschitz AT gmail.com>, "patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu" <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] PhD results - Looking for a Journal
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:19:03 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear Christian,

My first suggestion is Transactions of Pattern Languages of Programming (TPLOP).  There’s information at the HIllside site at: http://hillside.net/patterns/tplop

Bob Hanmer

From: patterns-discussion-bounces AT cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:patterns-discussion-bounces AT cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of Christian Kruschitz
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 10:17 AM
To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu

Hello,

maybe you can help. I am looking for a journal where I can publish my PhD thesis results. I have published several papers but these are all done in a conference format with max. 10 pages ACM Style. Now I have a 17 pages scientific paper which I want to publish for the design pattern community.

I would be great i someone can give me a hint were I can publish my research btw which journal fits best for HCI Design Patterns. Enclosed you will find a abstract about my work.

Abstract:

Design patterns are a common used design aid in the human-computer interaction (HCI) community for efficient re-use of proven design solutions. Although design patterns have been used in the HCI community since the late 1980s, very little research has been done on possible formalization of the design pattern structure. Based on a detailed analysis of pattern structures, this article describes a systematic approach to establish a unified and formalized HCI design pattern format specified in eXtended Pattern Language Markup Language (XPLML) that can be used in software engineering applications like pattern databases and GUI building tools. As part of our approach, a novel concept called atomic interaction elements is introduced which makes it possible to identify structural similarities between different HCI design patterns within the same domain and category as well as across different domains and categories.

Best Regards

Christian Kruschitz