rv - [RV] MTL usage survey

rv AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Runtime Verification and Monitoring

[RV] MTL usage survey

  • From: Georgios Fainekos <Georgios.Fainekos AT asu.edu>
  • To: "rv AT cs.uiuc.edu" <rv AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [RV] MTL usage survey
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:04:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear all,

We have developed an anonymous survey to gather information on how well
natural language specifications could be formalized through Metric Temporal
Logic by experts. Since you are experts in the field, we would greatly
appreciate your input on this subject.

The survey (listed below) should take no more than 30 minutes to complete:

http://goo.gl/forms/BT3jSnXFLe

Among the goals of the survey is to study whether users without formal
methods training can accurately express the same requirements as expert MTL
users in the same amount of time. The non-experts use the graphical user
interface for MTL reported in:

https://sites.google.com/a/asu.edu/s-taliro/ViSpecTechRpt15.pdf

We plan to publish our findings in a similar report.

Thank you for your participation and please feel free to forward this email!

--
Georgios Fainekos,
Assistant Professor,

  • [RV] MTL usage survey, Georgios Fainekos, 04/28/2015