charm - Re: [charm] Charm++ and TAU

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm++ and TAU

  • From: Chee Wai Lee <cheewai1972 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Haowei Huang <huangh AT in.tum.de>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm++ and TAU
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:44:41 -0000

Hi Haowei,

Yes, and it would be very helpful to get feedback on the use of this feature outside of NAMD. The instructions (for NAMD) can be found here: http://www.nic.uoregon.edu/tau-wiki/Guide:NAMDTAU. These instructions will assume you have a working version of TAU built (craycnl, I assume) on the Cray.

I have previously checked-in the code for TAU support into the Charm++ repository, so it should have been released along with Charm 6.2. I will verify that the instructions still do work with the current repository or release versions of Charm++ and get back to you. Please let us know if you have any questions or difficulties. Feel free to ask Scott or myself about TAU and Charm++. I am still familiar with the inner workings of Projections as well, so if you have questions there, I can try my best to answer them.

Best Regards,
Chee Wai Lee
Computer Scientist, Performance Research Lab,
NeuroInformatics Center,
University of Oregon.