charm - [charm] About time complexity in remote method calling in CHARM++

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] About time complexity in remote method calling in CHARM++

  • From: SAGAR SHEDGE <sagar.shedge92 AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] About time complexity in remote method calling in CHARM++
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:53:56 +0530

Hi ,

I am trying to send an array of objects to remote array element. In remote method it will read this array and will perform calculation.

So I want to know that in which format should I send data to entry method i.e. using

1. parameter marshalling.
2. Message passing.
3. Ck-Direct.

Which technique should I use and why?
Will it affect total time required for execution?

Thank you in advance for your response.

--
Sagar Dilip Shedge.

C-DAC R&D,