charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] ampi: MPI_Info_dup fails

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] ampi: MPI_Info_dup fails

  • From: Jim Edwards <jedwards AT ucar.edu>
  • To: Gengbin Zheng <zhenggb AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] ampi: MPI_Info_dup fails
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:17:39 -0600

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Gengbin Zheng <zhenggb AT gmail.com> wrote:
Jim,

Is the lower level library (which calls MPI_INFO_* calls) also
compiled with AMPI?

No and it cannot be as it is an MPI-IO interface library - Is there any way I'm going to be able to get away with this?
My IO is called on a subset of the total tasks, my hope was to pin those tasks to specific processors while allowing
those not involved with IO to migrate for load balancing.   What is the typical IO scheme for AMPI programs?