charm - [charm] ampi: MPI_Info_dup fails

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] ampi: MPI_Info_dup fails

  • From: Jim Edwards <jedwards AT ucar.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu, ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] ampi: MPI_Info_dup fails
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:58:12 -0600

Program works fine when linked with the underlying mpi and compilers but when building with AMPI I get:

aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Info_dup: Invalid argument, error stack:
MPI_Info_dup(130): MPI_Info_dup(info=0xffffffff, newinfo=0xa62e38) failed
MPI_Info_dup(66).: Invalid MPI_Info

I've tried commenting out all of the MPI_INFO_* calls but it seems this one occurs at a lower level in the code than I have
access to.

I'm on a cray system compiling with gnu tools and charm built with mpi-crayxt.

Jim