charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Distributed LB

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Distributed LB

  • From: Eduardo Rocha Rodrigues <errodrigues AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • To: Gengbin Zheng <zhenggb AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Distributed LB
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:22:27 -0300

Gengbin,

As for the AtSync mode, do I have to wait for migrations to complete
in order to invoke resumeClients?

I was looking at the NeighborLB (actually, the parent class,
NborBaseLB) and it seems to use the AtSync mode, right? This LB seems
to wait for all migrations to complete before resuming execution
(MigrationDone).

I'd like to know also what is the meaning of the method
NotifyMigrated? Does it register a function to be called when a
migration arrives?

Eduardo

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Gengbin Zheng
<zhenggb AT gmail.com>