charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Distributed LB

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Distributed LB

  • From: Eduardo Rocha Rodrigues <errodrigues AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • To: "ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu" <ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Distributed LB
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:26:57 -0300

I think what I was looking for doesn't make much sense in a
Distributed LB. I mean, I don't need to wait for the migrations to
complete, right? I can just call theLbdb->Migrate and, immediately
after that, call theLbdb->ResumeClients. A migrating object may resume
execution in the same processor, but eventually it will get to its
destination. Is that correct?

Eduardo

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Eduardo Rocha Rodrigues
<errodrigues AT inf.ufrgs.br>