charm - [charm] Where to call MPI_Init or AMPI_Init

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Where to call MPI_Init or AMPI_Init

  • From: Fernando Stump <fernando.stump AT gmail.com>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Where to call MPI_Init or AMPI_Init
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:52:24 -0500

Again "I'm using ParFUM to parallelize a C++ FEM code called yafeq" and I
need to use MPI or AMPI commands together with FEM_ commands

When I try to use MPI commands on the driver I get this error

------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
Reason: Cannot call MPI routines before AMPI is initialized.

Fatal error on PE 0> Cannot call MPI routines before AMPI is initialized.

Where should I call my MPI_Init(). I have the feeling that charmc need to be
instructed to do so by using compiling flags. I'm compiling the code with
cmake and the following flags

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
/Users/fstump2/myLibs/charm-6.2/net-darwin-x86-gfortran-gcc/bin/charmc

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS -language ParFUM -module netfem

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG -g -language ParFUM -module netfem

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Fernando