charm - [charm] Issue with ampi in ParFUM code

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Issue with ampi in ParFUM code

  • From: Fernando Stump <fstump2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Issue with ampi in ParFUM code
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:56:55 -0000

Hi All,

Some time ago I contacted about an issue that if i use MPI call in different parts of the code leads to different results  (works or crash). I've been working on trying to figure out the reason, but I still cannot understand and so I would like to know if someone can help me.

Below I have the screen shot of xcode/debugger showing the code failing and succeeding  after the same call "MPI_Comm_rank" the only difference is the call that works is made from "driver" and the calls that fail is made from yafeq::<2,yafeq::AssemblyVisitopr, ...>::read_abaqus_file_on_driver

When the code fails, it is because CtvAccess(ampiPtr); returns a null pointer.  And I cannot understand why?

Another point is that, if the call is made from "driver" after "yafeq::<2,yafeq::AssemblyVisitopr, ...>::read_abaqus_file_on_driver" has finished it works,. So I believe this function is not leaking memory else were.

Any help on this issue is appreciate, if needed I can bring my laptop to Siebel center and run the debug with one of you guys.

Thanks
Fernando

TIFF image

TIFF image

  • [charm] Issue with ampi in ParFUM code, Fernando Stump, 09/21/2011