charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] compile erros

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] compile erros

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Adamantini Peratikou <Adamantini.Peratikou AT port.ac.uk>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] compile erros
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:08:48 -0500

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:05, Adamantini Peratikou
<Adamantini.Peratikou AT port.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Thanks for the reply it fixed my problems! it compile successfully but now
> whenever i try to run it i get the prompt for my password  i type it and it
> stays idle forever... and after smetime i click enter again and it says
> permission denied.
>

> psycho@psycho-VirtualBox:~/charm/BigNetSim/trunk/tmp$
> ./charmrun +p4
> bigsimulator -lat 1 -bw 1
> psycho@localhost's
> password:
> psycho@localhost's
> password:
> psycho@localhost's
> password:
> psycho@localhost's
> password:

The job launcher, charmrun, tries to ssh to whatever nodes it's going
to run the program on. If you just want it to run locally, you can add
the option ++local so that it forks rather than connecting via SSH. If
you want to use multiple nodes, you should set up SSH key pairs so
that it can connect without your manual authentication.