charm - [charm] Fwd: Charm++ Qs

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Fwd: Charm++ Qs

  • From: Abhinav Bhatele <bhatele AT illinoisalumni.org>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Cc: annarang AT in.ibm.com
  • Subject: [charm] Fwd: Charm++ Qs
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:29:18 -0700

Hi Ankur,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am forwarding your e-mail to the Charm mailing list and someone should be able to answer your questions there.

- Abhinav

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ankur Narang <annarang AT in.ibm.com>
Subject: Charm++ Qs
Date: June 21, 2013 4:29:02 AM PDT

Hi Abhinav,
                        Hope you are doing great. I had couple of qs on Charm++

1) We would like to measure the load balance across the compute nodes during the run of UTS on Charm++. How do we do that using the available code of UTS in the Charm++ distribution ?

2) We have a kmeans code in Charm++ that does not scale with increasing nodes. How do we resolve this issue ?

Also, my team is hiring HPC professionals. If you know some folks then let me know,

Thanks,
Ankur.

Senior Researcher (RSM)
Research Lead - HPC Analytics
IBM Research India
4, Block C, Institutional Area,
Phase II, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi - 110070

--
Abhinav Bhatele, people.llnl.gov/bhatele
Center for Applied Scientific Computing, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory