charm - Re: [charm] Fwd: Charm++ Qs

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Fwd: Charm++ Qs

  • From: Ankur Narang <annarang AT in.ibm.com>
  • To: Yanhua Sun <sun51 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>, bhatele AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Fwd: Charm++ Qs
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:47:38 -0000

Hi Yanhua,

 Thanks for the details below. I linked using -balance workstealing. I ran using $T3WL +cs +LBDebug 3, but I don't see the per processor nodes processed/generated information. Is a separate file generated for this information. Here is a cutout from the output of Charm++ run:

##################
Charm++> work stealing seed load balancer
CharmLB> Verbose level 3, load balancing period: 0.5 seconds
CharmLB< Toplogy torus_nd_5 alpha: 3.50000e-05s beta: 8.5e--09s
stats unavailable in optimized version. Ignoring.....
#####################

Is it because of this last msg that it is an optimized version ??

Thanks,
Regards,
Ankur.

Senior Researcher (RSM)