charm - [charm] running charmrun on single node, getting error

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] running charmrun on single node, getting error

  • From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] running charmrun on single node, getting error
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:59:41 -0600

Hi list,

I am trying to run the typed_reduction example on a 4 socket Opteron Magny Cours 48-core box. Things work great up to 10 cores. Starting with 11 I get this error message:

$ ./charmrun +p11 reductions
poll: protocol failure in circuit setup
Charmrun> Error 1 returned from rsh (localhost:3)

This is using charm-6.5.1 built with

./build charm++ net-linux-amd64 smp

Am I missing a runtime option? Or do I have to rebuild charm with other/additional options?

Thanks already,

nick

  • [charm] running charmrun on single node, getting error, Nicolas Bock, 07/15/2013