charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] backtraces

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] backtraces

  • From: Abhishek Gupta <gupta59 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Jonathan Lifflander <jliffl2 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] backtraces
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:12:38 -0500

Hi Nicolas,

Were you using the CharmDebug binaries from the software download section? We just tried to test those and there are some issues with that. We will be soon fixing those.

Till that time, can you use the CharmDebug from the latest development version  from our source archive.   See the instructions below. If you still have problems, can you tell the exact command that you are using and what machine/cluster you are trying to run it on.      Steps:

          1. Check out Charm Debug from the repository:

            $ git clone git://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/ccs_tools.git

          2. This will create a directory named ccs_tools. Move to this directory:
            $ cd ccs_tools

          3. And now build Charm Debug:
           $ ant

This will create bin/charmdebug, which should work.

    charmdebug pgm +p4 4 opt1 opt2

P.S. There are some known issues when trying to use charmdebug when the parallel application is running on Mac.

Abhishek