charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] How to install Charm++ on Win64

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] How to install Charm++ on Win64

  • From: Jim Phillips <jim AT ks.uiuc.edu>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] How to install Charm++ on Win64
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:14:54 -0500 (CDT)

Any chance we can get the stupid pop-up window to display the actual error message that was passed to CkAbort()?

-Jim

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Phil Miller wrote:

The NAMD binary that you have (from the compiled download, I assume)
seems to be perfectly
fine. The command line you ran isn't shown in your screen capture, but
the error message it gave is quite descriptive - "No simulation config
file specified on command line".

There should be some file like 'apoa1.namd' describing the input and
parameters that you want NAMD to work on. You would write its name on
the command line after the executable; e.g.

/path/to/whatever> namd2.exe apoa1.namd

If you did something like that and still got the above error, you need
to actually show the command line you ran, and not just the tail end
of the output. Also, since precompiled NAMD should meet your needs,
and at least starts on your system, I'll suggest that this issue is
better suited for the NAMD users' mailing list (CCed).

I hope that helps

Phil.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Brian DeLaFranier
<brian.delafranier AT mail.utoronto.ca>
wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We just need to use NAMD as compiled, but I can't get it to run. I figured
I'd send a screencap of Cygwin build errors, and NAMD crash to show what I've
been trying.

Cheers

Brian De La Franier
From: