charm - [charm] How to install Charm++ on Win64

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] How to install Charm++ on Win64

  • From: Brian DeLaFranier <brian.delafranier AT mail.utoronto.ca>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] How to install Charm++ on Win64
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:43:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Another student in my lab had requested I install NAMD on the lab computer, which requires Charm++.  I have been trying for hours to get Charm++ to install, but nothing has worked.

The computer we are using is running Windows 7 x64.  I've tried to get it to install using Cygwin, and all of the instructions provided with charm, but it just turns up the errors command not found on lines 2, 5, and 7, and unexpected syntax on line 8.

I'm not used to working in Cygwin, and don't know what's missing.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Brian De La Franier