charm - Re: [charm] Default chares placement

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Default chares placement

  • From: François TESSIER <francois.tessier AT inria.fr>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Default chares placement
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 00:43:18 +0200

Up? :-)
--
François TESSIER
PhD Student at University of Bordeaux
Inria - Runtime Team
Tel : 0033.5.24.57.41.52
francois.tessier AT inria.fr
PGP 0x8096B5FA
Le 11/09/2013 17:10, François Tessier a écrit :
Hello!

I'm writing a communication-aware load balancer for Charm++ (I was at
the PPL at the end of August for that) and I would like to compare my
chares placement between two version of my load balancer (the sequential
one and the distributed one).
The issue is when I run the sequential version two times with exactly
the same parameters : the chares placement is not the same. And when I
compare the chares communication matrices of the application (kNeighbor
in this case) after 10 iterations it's different too.

So here is my question : between two execution of the same application,
are the chares placed in the same way? If it's true, is there a way to
be sure that we will have the same initial chares placement?

Thanks for your help,

François