charm - [charm] compilation problem

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] compilation problem

  • From: Sabrina Bergoch <sabrinabms AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu, Sabrina <sabrinabms AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: [charm] compilation problem
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:18:51 -0200

I'm trying do include a new load balancer on Charm++.
What I did:
  • Put the file in the directory: ./charm-20141124/tmp
  • Run: Makefile_lb.sh (for creating Make.lb)
  • Generate the balancer interface using "charmc NameLB.ci"
  • Run: make depends (*)
(*) In this step, I dropped in the trouble. The system informes to me:
(after several checking dependencies, appears)
   "checking dependencies for ScotchLB.C
    checking dependencies for TeamLB.C
    TeamLB.C:13:19: fatal error: metis.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

    Compilation of 'TeamLB.C' failed, please fix it first!!!!"

The compilation fail because the system could not find the file "metis.h".
Actually, when I did a comment on this checking point the trouble repeats in other checking.

Does someone have one idea how can I solve this problem?

I'd appreciate any help.

Sabrina.