charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Differentiating chare arrays in Projections logs

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Differentiating chare arrays in Projections logs

  • From: Jonathan Lifflander <jliffl2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Kate Isaacs <keisaacs AT ucdavis.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Differentiating chare arrays in Projections logs
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 19:29:33 -0500

I believe you can use the "EVENT" field in the log, which (while badly
named) correlates all the instantiations of a given entity (chare,
chare array, group, etc.). Does this make sense?

/// BEGIN_PROCESSING MESSAGE_TYPE ENTRY TIME EVENT PE @2(MSGLEN)
/// @4(RECV_TIME ID0 ID1 ID2) @7(ID3) @6.5(CPU_START_TIME)
/// @6.6(NUM_PERF_COUNTS $NUM_PERF_COUNTS*PERF_COUNT)

On 1 December 2014 at 13:58, Kate Isaacs
<keisaacs AT ucdavis.edu>