charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Differentiating chare arrays in Projections logs

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Differentiating chare arrays in Projections logs

  • From: Jonathan Lifflander <jliffl2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Kate Isaacs <keisaacs AT ucdavis.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Differentiating chare arrays in Projections logs
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 15:14:59 -0500

>From reading the code, I was wrong about the EVENT field. I think it
can be used in a very indirect way to determine the instance, but it
will be difficult and I'm not sure it will be correct.

I think we should add a field to the logs that specifies the object
instance (it would be an integer that specifies the ID of the array or
chare in the case of a singleton). Does that sound like what you need?
Do you have existing logs you need this for, you can you rerun the
program if I add this?

Jonathan

On 2 December 2014 at 18:21, Kate Isaacs
<keisaacs AT ucdavis.edu>