charm - [charm] Question about I/O characteristics of Charm++ ported applications

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Question about I/O characteristics of Charm++ ported applications

  • From: Qian Sun <sqianfly AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Question about I/O characteristics of Charm++ ported applications
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:16:38 -0500

Hi,

I am looking for task-based scientific applications. I noticed that there are some applications have been ported to Charm++, such as NAMD, as well as some MiniApps, such as AMR.

Actually, I am more interested in the I/O behavior of those Charm++ ported applications. Is there any Charm++ ported application generates a large amount of data as final output, or takes a large amount of data as input?

If so, which applications have this characteristics? and what is their I/O behaviors? I was wondering is it possible that tasks in the same applications will generate output data at different times? (Just as a typical DAG-based workflow, some tasks may finish and output a portion of data first, others may require longer time)

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

Regards,
Qian