charm - [charm] Building Charm++ for Cray XC without the Cray libsci package?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Building Charm++ for Cray XC without the Cray libsci package?

  • From: "Gunter, David O" <dog AT lanl.gov>
  • To: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Building Charm++ for Cray XC without the Cray libsci package?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 22:35:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

We have discovered an incompatibility between the Intel 16.0.2 compiler and
the current Cray Libsci package on a Cray XC system. The in-house code was
fixed by utilizing the Intel MKL library instead of the Cray Libsci libs but
now I’m at a loss for trying to build Charm++ on this system without having
the cray-libsci module loaded. Has anyone done this?

Cray just released an updated Libsci today but it will be some time before it
is available to us.

Thanks,
david
--