charm - Re: [charm] Building Charm++ for Cray XC without the Cray libsci package?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Building Charm++ for Cray XC without the Cray libsci package?

  • From: Nikhil Jain <nikhil.jain AT acm.org>
  • To: "Gunter, David O" <dog AT lanl.gov>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Building Charm++ for Cray XC without the Cray libsci package?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 23:22:18 -0600

Hi David,

What kind of issue did you run into while compiling Charm++ without the cray-libsci module. Afaik, Charm++ does not need any functionality from it. I just built it on Edison without the libsci module loaded.

--Nikhil

Gunter, David O
March 3, 2016 at 16:35 via Postbox
Hi All,

We have discovered an incompatibility between the Intel 16.0.2 compiler and the current Cray Libsci package on a Cray XC system. The in-house code was fixed by utilizing the Intel MKL library instead of the Cray Libsci libs but now I’m at a loss for trying to build Charm++ on this system without having the cray-libsci module loaded. Has anyone done this?

Cray just released an updated Libsci today but it will be some time before it is available to us.

Thanks,
david
--
David Gunter