charm - [charm] Problems with the initnode in a distributed loadbalancer (Charm++)

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Problems with the initnode in a distributed loadbalancer (Charm++)

  • From: Vinicius Freitas <vinicius.mct.freitas AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Problems with the initnode in a distributed loadbalancer (Charm++)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 15:31:04 -0300

Hello,

I've been developing my own distributed loadbalancing strategy from scratch, and found a problem I couldn't solve and couldn't find solutions online.

It looks like the initnode declared in my .ci file (lbinit) is not being identified properly in the .def.h file, the error says it hasn't being previously declared.

I followed the pattern of the InitLB, initnode and Strategy methods found in DistributedLB, from my point of view I could not find any obvious problems, maybe you could help me? The .ci file and the messages during compilation are the following:

CI file:
module MyLB {

extern module DistBaseLB;
initnode void lbinit(void);

group [migratable] MyLB : DistBaseLB {
 entry void MyLB(const CkLBOptions &);
 entry [expedited] void PackAck(int pack_id, int from);
 entry [expedited] void RecvAck(int pack_id, int to, bool success);
 entry void SendInfo(int count, int recs[count]);
 entry void EndStep();
 entry [reductiontarget] void Load_Setup(double total_load);
 entry [reductiontarget] void Chare_Setup(int count);
 entry [reductiontarget] void Final_Barrier();
};

};

Error Message:
../bin/charmc  -optimize -production  -I. -std=c++11   -c -o MyLB.o MyLB.C
In file included from MyLB.C:193:0:
MyLB.def.h: In function ‘void _registerMyLB()’:
MyLB.def.h:1570:21: error: ‘lbinit’ was not declared in this scope
  _registerInitCall(lbinit,1);
                    ^
Fatal Error by charmc in directory /home/vinicius/charm/tmp
  Command g++ -m64 -I../bin/../include -D__CHARMC__=1 -I. -std=c++11 -O3 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -fno-stack-protector -std=c++0x -c MyLB.C -o MyLB.o returned error code 1
charmc exiting...
make: *** [MyLB.o] Error 1
--
Vinicius Marino Calvo Torres de Freitas Computer Science Undergratuate Student (Aluno de graduação em Ciência da Computação)
Research Assistant at the Embedded Computing Laboratory at UFSC