charm - Re: [charm] Build warnings and Segfault on macOS Sierra

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Build warnings and Segfault on macOS Sierra

  • From: Pavanakumar Mohanamuraly <m.pavanakumar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Build warnings and Segfault on macOS Sierra
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:22:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi

I managed to solve the segfault problem. But the ld warnings still remain.

Regards,

--
Kumar

On 18/09/2018, 22:34, "Pavanakumar Mohanamuraly"
<m.pavanakumar AT gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi

I tried building charm++ (v6.8.2) on my laptop with macOS Sierra. I used
the following build command,

CC=gcc-8 CXX=g++-8 FC=gfortran ./build AMPI multicore-darwin-x86_64 gcc
gfortran --enable-ampi-error-checking --enable-charmdebug

I installed gcc-8 using homebrew and have disabled SIP.

The build process said it finished successfully. But when I tried to
compile a simple test program using ampif90 I got the following errors,

$> ampif90 test.f90 -o test
ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for _AMPI_Send: dwarf uses
DW_CFA_GNU_args_size
ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for _AMPI_Ssend: dwarf uses
DW_CFA_GNU_args_size

And when I tried running the generated executable it just segfaults. Any
idea what could be wrong?

Regards,

--
Kumar