charm - Re: [charm] Charm++ Compiling Error in SUPERMUC-NG Supercomputers

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm++ Compiling Error in SUPERMUC-NG Supercomputers

  • From: Sam White <white67 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: mert gölcük <mertgolcuk AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm++ Compiling Error in SUPERMUC-NG Supercomputers
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 16:01:35 -0500

Hi Mert,

It looks like you are trying to build Charm++ on top of MPI. We generally prefer use of libfabric (OFI) as the most performant communication substrate to build Charm++ on Intel OmniPath network systems. To do that, build Charm++ with the following:

./build charm++ ofi-linux-x86_64 smp -j12 --with-production

If you do want to try an MPI build, then I think there is an inconsistency in your compiler modules and build command. It looks like you are trying to use Intel MPI with the GCC v10.2.0 compilers module loaded. I think the IMPI wrapper for GCC is properly named "mpicpc" on systems that support such configurations. So you can either try building with Intel MPI and GCC like this:

MPICXX=mpicpc ./build charm++ mpi-linux-x86_64 smp -j12 --with-production

Or with Intel MPI and the Intel compilers module loaded using:

MPICXX=mpiicpc ./build charm++ mpi-linux-x86_64 smp -j12 --with-production

Thanks, let us know if you run into any issues,
Sam