k-user - Re: [K-user] Using an external parser

Re: [K-user] Using an external parser

  • From: Joshua Cranmer <cranmer2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Radu Mereuta <headness13 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [K-user] Using an external parser
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:31:50 -0600

On 12/10/2012 3:25 PM, Radu Mereuta wrote:
Hy Joshua,

Could you give as a little bit more details of what you want to do and where is your problem? I don't really understand where you are stuck.

I'm trying to implement the regular expressions in _javascript_. To do this, I need to be able to take the "a*b" from new RegExp("a*b") and turn that into an internal AST representation of the regular _expression_. I have an external parser which can produce an AST of the regular _expression_, but I don't know how to get K to call this external parser and get an internal AST represntation back.
--
Joshua Cranmer
Source code archæologist