k-user - [K-user] Trying to understand how debugger works -- do I need to know Maude?

[K-user] Trying to understand how debugger works -- do I need to know Maude?

  • From: Ömer Sinan Ağacan <omeragacan AT gmail.com>
  • To: "k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu" <k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [K-user] Trying to understand how debugger works -- do I need to know Maude?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:59:28 +0300

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how does debugger work. My main goals is to
make debugger take smaller steps -- currently I have a somewhat big
program and debugger runs all of it in one huge step(maybe applying
hundreds of rules). I also have other plans about the debugger but
currently let's say I'm just trying to do this.

So to understand what does debugger to I made some changes on the
source and observed what methods are called while running krun
--debug. Apparently this series of rule applications are happening in
maude land -- nothing related with krun tool.

Now this suggests that I have to learn maude and somehow run different
maude commands then the ones currently gets run but I'm not sure. Can
anyone give me some insights on that? I prefer avoiding
learning/writing maude if possible but apparently 1) we don't have any
other backends right now and 2) this stepping stuff is happening in
maude land.

Thanks,

---
Ömer Sinan Ağacan
http://osa1.net

  • [K-user] Trying to understand how debugger works -- do I need to know Maude?, Ömer Sinan Ağacan, 09/17/2013