k-user - Re: [[K-user] ] Documentation for K source code

Re: [[K-user] ] Documentation for K source code

  • From: <daparpon AT dsic.upv.es>
  • To: k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [[K-user] ] Documentation for K source code
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 03:02:59 -0500

Hi, Xiaohong. I have been trying to update my project to K 4.0 for a long
time, but there is a core feature in my language that keeps me stuck in K 3.4.
More specifically, at some point of the symbolic execution of a program I need
to read the path condition and process it. I asked back in February to this
list whether that was possible in K 4.0, but the team told me that this
feature was not available yet. Moreover, I would like to have control over the
symbolic values and its inner identifiers, since I need them to represent (for
instance) symbolic addresses for program variables and I cannot manage just
some fresh names like V0 or V1, instead of #symInt(x) or #symInt(listSize). If
these capabilities are now implemented, I can try jumping into K 4.0 again,
but I would stick to K 3.4 until the equivalence between the old symbolic
Maude backend and the new symbolic Java backend is refined.

Thanks a lot for your interest. Best regards,
Daniel