k-user - [[K-user] ] Runtime object/memory model

[[K-user] ] Runtime object/memory model

  • From: Russell Wallace <russell.wallace AT gmail.com>
  • To: k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [[K-user] ] Runtime object/memory model
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 10:40:11 +0100

Just came across K recently, and it looks interesting! The tutorial documents and videos I've found so far mostly talk about the front-end, language syntax and semantics, which is very impressive, but what I'm particularly interested in right now is the runtime object/memory model.

By which I mean, assembly language has a runtime model where everything is a big array of bytes, C has one where there are separate memory segments that are sort of arrays of bytes but with a bunch of rules about what is and isn't defined behavior, in Java everything is an object, Lisp starts with atoms and cons cells, but elaborates from there etc.

Where should I be looking for the explanation of the K runtime model?