maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Natural numbers

Re: [Maude-help] Natural numbers

  • From: Geert Janssen <geert AT watson.ibm.com>
  • To: eker AT csl.sri.com
  • Cc: maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Natural numbers
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:43:53 -0400

Dear Steven,

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

Good to know that I shouldn't be using the same `values' in the cmb
equation as well as in the condition. Clearly that'll loop.

I am indeed a newbie in this field and appreciate any help.
My work over the last 20 years has been in formal methods for hardware
verification. So I do have some formal training but not really very much
in the area of rewriting (I am now reading Term Rewriting and All That and
of course devour all papers and docs on Maude).

By the way my interest in Maude is to model some algebraic systems that have
to do with BDDs and ZDDs. I succesfully applied it to modeling UNATE-CUBESETS,
which are sets of sets of atomic variables.

I have heard and read about Maude 2.0.
I guess I wouldn't mind helping out and become an alpha tester. So please
tell me how to get it. I have several machines here available, but would
prefer a linux install (RedHat 7.1, kernel 2.4.18, gcc 2.96).

I hope that you also read my note in BUGS list about my complaints about
the tutorial. I would like to see a more step-wise approach and some strong
guidelines and hints on how to best use Maude. I already discovered that
the way you specify the equations (eq) makes a big difference in
rewrite/reduction speed. Anyway, good luck with all new developments.

Kind Regards,

Geert