maude-help - [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Error loading full-maude.maude

[Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Error loading full-maude.maude

  • From: Scott <scottxyz AT usa.net>
  • To: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Error loading full-maude.maude
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:43:27 -0400

SUMMARY
-------
Using a WinNT4 laptop with 256 megs of RAM (with CygWin and LINE DLLs), I have
launched the Maude 2.0 interpreter and successfully tested several Core Maude
modules.

However, after loading module FULL-MAUDE from file full-maude.maude, the
command 'loop init .' (or any other attempt to reduce a term from FULL-MAUDE,
such as 'red o .') causes an error in the Maude window: "allocFixedMem failed
(error -12)".

I hope this may be simply due to insufficient memory on my machine.

DETAIL
------
Line 12096 towards the end of file full-maude.maude obtained from
http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/download/fm.maude reads:

loop init .

When this line is executed, an error occurs, producing the following message
in the Maude window:

allocFixedMem failed (error -12)

and an eror-message dialog-box from LINE:

Unexpected exception in Linux executable. Killing process.

This makes it impossible to use Full Maude on this machine, as the
read-eval-print loop has not been initialized.

Interestingly, the *same* error also occurs at this point when attempting to
reduce *any* term in module FULL-MAUDE.

For example, entering command:

red o .

in module FULL-MAUDE should give:

Result Oid : o

because o is defined in FULL-MAUDE as a constant of sort Oid:

op o : -> Oid .

but the command 'red o .' results in the same "allocFixedMem" error as the
command 'loop init .' on this machine.

I hope this may be due to insufficent memory (256 megs). I have increased the
"virtual memory" of Windows to over 400 megs but the error still occurs.

Next steps
I will test Maude 2.0 (including Full Maude) on another Windows machine with
more RAM.

- Scott Alexander
Brooklyn, New York

  • [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Error loading full-maude.maude, Scott, 06/10/2003