maude-help - [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Unable to use command 'loop ...'

[Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Unable to use command 'loop ...'

  • From: Scott <scottxyz AT usa.net>
  • To: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Unable to use command 'loop ...'
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:58:19 -0400

Hello Maude developers/users -

Here are some further details regarding an earlier posting here entitled
'[Maude on Windows] Error loading full-maude.maude' at:

http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/maude-help/2003-June/000008.html

The web page on using Maude with Windows at:

http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/download/windows.html

states that "Timing does not work [with Windows]."

This may be relevant to the problem I have had on Windows loading file
full-maude.maude obtained from:

http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/download/fm.maude

When line number 12096 towards the end of this file is executed:

loop init .

an error message appears as described in the earlier posting:

http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/maude-help/2003-June/000008.html

As a simpler test, I also have tried launching MAUDE.BAT and entering the
following simple command at the prompt:

loop in NAT : 2 + 3 .

This produces a series of error messages in the Maude interpreter window,
like:

*** SYSCALL needs to be implemented
Syscall: setitimer (104)

*** SYSCALL needs to be implemented
Syscall: getitimer (105)

But it does finally give a result:

non-loop result NzNat : 5

However, another use of 'loop ...', in command

loop init .

at the end of file full-maude.maude (fm.maude), causes a fatal error.

I suspect there may be a problem using Maude's read-eval-print loop with LINE
on Windows, possibly due to unimplemented Linux system calls 'setitimer' and
'getitimer'.

I am curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem with Windows.
Does this mean I will not be able to use Full Maude on Windows? Or would there
be some way to alter the read-eval-print loop mechanism so that it does not
make Linux system calls to 'setitimer' and 'getitimer'.

Thanks
Scott Alexander
Brooklyn, New York

  • [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Unable to use command 'loop ...', Scott, 06/10/2003