maude-help - [Maude-help] Maude rewriting order.

[Maude-help] Maude rewriting order.

  • From: Alexandra <afm AT Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Maude rewriting order.
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:29:11 +0100

Hi,

I have rewriting rules in a system module and I need to give priority to
certain rewrite rules. How can I do that? For instance, if I have the
following rules:
[r1] :
F(X)
=>
F('0)

[r2] :
F(X)
G(Y)
=>
F(Y)

If I have the terms F('1) and G('2) it can use both rules and it will choose
one randomly, right? I don't want this to happen. I want to give priority to
r2.

Also, is it possible to order terms in the frew or rew command?
I ask this because in my example I have some objects and operations
on these objects, and these operations are not commutative - in the sense
that in the following example I want op1(A) to be performed before op1(B) and
op2(B).

"frew <A:...>
<B:...>
op1(A)