maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Maude rewriting order.

Re: [Maude-help] Maude rewriting order.

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: Alexandra <afm AT Cs.Nott.AC.UK>, maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Maude rewriting order.
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:05:10 -0700

Currently there is no builtin way of controlling
(1) priority of rules
(2) choice of redex
(3) choice of matching substitution
though you can control all of these by working at the metalevel and
essentially writing your own strategy language. The next Maude release is
intended to have a fairly sophisticated builtin strategy language and Alberto
Verdejo
<alberto AT sip.ucm.es>
has already implemented an experimental strategy
language for Full Maude.

Steven