maude-help - [Maude-help] Int & Bool - _xor_ conflict

[Maude-help] Int & Bool - _xor_ conflict

  • From: GORIAC Eugen Ioan <egoriac AT info.uaic.ro>
  • To: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Int & Bool - _xor_ conflict
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 22:42:39 +0300 (EEST)

Greetings,

My friend and I are currently working on the denotational semantics of a
programming language, and we're using Maude.

Using both Bool and Int, as subsorts of Expression (like in the next example)
doesn't seem to be such a good idea:

(fmod EXPRESSION is

protecting INT .
protecting BOOL .

sorts ExprInt ExprBool Expression .

subsorts Int < ExprInt < Expression .
subsorts Bool < ExprBool < Expression .

endfm)

(fth SEMANTICS is

including EXPRESSION .

sort Memory .
sorts Mem2Int .

vars M : Memory .
var I : Int .

op sem : ExprInt -> Mem2Int .
op app : Mem2Int Memory -> Int .

eq app(sem(I), M) = I .

endfth)

the warning is:

Warning: <metalevel>: declaration for _xor_ has different attributes from
declaration on <metalevel>.

For now, we've implemented our own MY-BOOL module, but is there a way to use
Maude's Int and Bool, given the thing we want to do ?

Thank you very much !

Best regards,

Eugen-Ioan Goriac

PS: Thank you, Mr. Joe Hendrix, for the support regarding the subscription to the mailing list !