maude-help - [Maude-help] Launching Maude on Ubuntu

[Maude-help] Launching Maude on Ubuntu

  • From: GORIAC Eugen Ioan <egoriac AT info.uaic.ro>
  • To: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Launching Maude on Ubuntu
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:55:56 +0300 (EEST)

Greetings,

I'm having a little trouble launching the provided maude binary under Ubuntu Linux. Launching it from the terminal results in a "Permission denied" message (even if I'm logged in as root). After launching it from a gui file browser, I receive "Error: no suitable application".

My thought was that the binary is not compatible with Ubuntu (7.04), so I decided to compile it from scratch. Bison & Flex installation went easy and so did the compilation of BuDDy. Unfortunately Tecka and GNU MP failed to compile and so did Maude itself.

May I ask if somebody managed to launch the provided binary OR compile maude, using Ubuntu ?

Thank you for your time.

Eugen