maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Launching Maude on Ubuntu

Re: [Maude-help] Launching Maude on Ubuntu

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Launching Maude on Ubuntu
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:20:02 -0700

Permission denied looks like a file permissions problem; do you have read
_and_ execute permission for the Maude binary?

Using
ldd <maude binary>
will let you see what libraries it's linking (or not linking) to.

If Tecla and GNU MP won't build on Ubuntu, report it as a bug to all three
projects. Did you follow the advice in Maude's INSTALL file regarding
building the 3rd party packages?

You say Maude failed to compile... can you be more specific?

Steven