maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Urgent Help on Maude Meta-programming

Re: [Maude-help] Urgent Help on Maude Meta-programming

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc: Maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Urgent Help on Maude Meta-programming
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:58:56 -0700

Hi,

Although it would be a nice feature and the Maude team has discussed it on a
number of occasions, there is at the moment no documented C++ API to the
Maude rewrite engine. In principle you could look at the Maude parser and see
what classes and member functions it uses. In practice there are a number of
subtle issues, particularly concerning protecting DAG nodes from the Maude
garbage collector. Also interfaces change from release to release, reflecting
the fact that Maude is an experimental system that has evolved to meet the
needs of whatever projects fund its development.

Regards,

Steven Eker